By the end of the day, I can understand my kids being cranky and tired. I am too. Which is why I just want them to brush their teeth, go to the bathroom, take a shower and go to bed. It would be so much better for all of us if we just accepted our fate. But we don't.
They insist on resisting my efforts, I insist on them getting in the G.D. shower and everything goes downhill from there. All of this is exacerbated when I am on my own and have deferred my dinner until after they are asleep.
Last night was a disaster. Highlights include:
- LP yelling that she is "very, very upset."
- AK crying when I yell at her for wiping half a jar of Vick's vaporub on her chest and neck
- LP howling that her one, single, tiny, mosquito bite hurts
- My dinner of cheezits and apple sauce to the sweet sounds of screaming children from upstairs
- LP questioning me when I crawl out of her bed at 10 to turn off the TV downstairs and put on my PJs
- The Hoos getting home about 20 seconds after I turn off the TV
- Going to bed incredibly cranky AND with unbrushed teeth and an unwashed face
- Getting woken up in the middle of the night by LP for who knows what reason
- Sleeping for what I swear was a total of two hours, despite my total exhaustion
Tonight will be the night I go to bed early. Too bad we are going to a Bluefish game and our routine will be shot before we even get started...
Yes, this post is cranky. Like me.