Sunday, March 8, 2009

Saturday Night Book Club

Last night I had the first meeting with my book club. Since we spent approximately 20 minutes of our almost 5 hours together talking about The Book Thief, I am going to say that our meeting was a resounding success. We achieved our objective of not spending the entire evening talking about our kids. In fact, we also talked about million other things; most things for longer than we talked about the book. It was really nice - thanks MLH, DM and RTC!

When I got home around midnight, I immediately went upstairs to let the Hoos know I was home. I explained that after meeting and eating and hanging out in Panera until they closed at 9:30, we moved to the 24 hour Dunkin Donuts strategically located up the street.

He looked at me incredulously, "You have been in DUNKIN DONUTS this whole time?" He then muttered, "I knew you wouldn't have been at a bar." I was out with three other thirtysomething women and yet he was 100% correct, there was really no way we were going to be at a bar.

A few minutes later when I got into bed he rolled over to look at me and said, "You smell like Dunkin Donuts. It is making me hungry." Considering bars are now smoke-free in Connecticut (at least I think I read that somewhere, I wouldn't know from experience), I probably smelled worse than if I had been at a bar.

No comments: