Sunday, March 22, 2009

All Relative

Like every parent out there, the Hoos and I think that our kid is pretty darn smart.

For instance, just a few minutes ago the Hoos was upstairs getting her ready for bed. He called down to me, "Hey Aim! Is D-O-G down there?" "Dog" is LP's pink floppy dog that she has taken to sleeping with.

Before I could respond there are footsteps over my head and LP calls out, "Mom, D-O-G isn't up here!"

Now, I don't really know why the Hoos felt the need to spell out "dog". But it was pretty funny to hear LP yell it back. Even if D-O-G was in her room and she just didn't know what it meant.

And for every breakthrough moment like that, there are some moments that make you go, "huh?"

Earlier this evening we were all in the car. LP was chatting away about her cousins, which some how segued into this conversation about her friend, JM:

LP: Mommy, what do JM's cousins look like?
Me: I don't know.
LP: MOM! WHAT. DO. JM'S. COUSINS. LOOK. LIKE.?!
Me: I guess like JM.
LP: No, mom. What color are their faces? Are they green?
Me: Umm...no. I think it is safe to say they aren't green.
LP: Are they yellow?
Me: They are probably the same color as JM.
LP: They are black?
Me: No, the same color as JM.
LP: Okay, black.
Me: Is JM black?
LP: He has blue eyes.

Well, at least some of her facts are straight. Here she is with JM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was just toooo funny. I really needed a laugh. - Dianna