Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Helpless, Hopeless, Sleepless

I don't want to harp on the lack of sleep thing, but it has a way of rearing its ugly head every weekend. This past weekend it wasn't even LP's fault. She has a cold. I feel awful for her - she was congested with snot the consistency of rubber cement. I probably sound like a horrible mom because my kid has crusty nostrils, but I swear LP has super human strength when it comes to pushing away a hand wielding either a tissue or an aspirator.

Anyway, at 12:30 am on Saturday the poor baby woke up screaming. In her own crib she was inconsolable, so at 1:15 she joined us in bed. Something about being next to her mommy and daddy lulled her into sleep. Even better, she decided to sleep snuggling her daddy; she usually ends up breathing in my face with her legs tucked into my stomach and me clinging on to the edge of the bed for dear life. Daddy is no longer jealous of this arrangement - he spent much of the night trying to get her to move over, only ending up with her our gorgeous little mouth breather blowing hot air onto his neck.

What do you do when your baby has a cold and humidifier, 'baby rub' and all the usual remedies fail?

No comments: