Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Squeaky Wheel

Actually, I have more than one squeaky wheel, I now have two, very adorable, but indeed quite squeaky, little wheels.

LP, when she is supposed to be in bed: I need something to snuggle with.
The Hoos: How about a cuddly friend?
LP: Something REAL.
The Hoos: You want one of our goldfish?
LP: Nooo, Daddy! Then I will just have a dead fish in my bed!
.............................................................................................................
AK, when she is supposed to be in bed: I have to pee.
Me: Okay, let's go to the bathroom.
AK: Noooo, Mommy! You wait here! In my room!
Me: Let me just turn on the light.
After I turn on the light, she walks me back to her room and returns to the bathroom.
AK toddles off again and I follow her, watching in a mirror as she climbs up onto the toilet.
She then spots me, and starts climbing back down. I retreat into my bedroom and watch as she swishes past me, pull-up and pants at her ankles.
.............................................................................................................
LP, sitting in the main part of the grocery start with AK in the basket: Mommy, you should get pregnant again.
Me: Oh yeah? Why is that?
LP: So that [AK] can sit in here with me and the baby can sit in the front part.

Because filling up the grocery cart with kids is exactly the right reason to have another child. Especially since one more child would mean there would never, ever be silence again.

No comments: