Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blame the Messenger

This morning at 5:25 LP appeared at my bedside, "Mommy, I had a dream that a car flipped over and someone got smooshed."

And then she started climbing into the bed.

"Uh-un, LP," I said, climbing out of the bed, "Let's go."

I stood at the side of the bed while she snuggled into the warm spot I had recently vacated.

"No."

I was in disbelief. Did she really just say 'no'?!

And then I realized I was tired. And didn't feel like escalating this into raised voices or tears.

So I shrugged and climbed back into bed.

Then the Hoos gave it a shot.

He got up and stood by the side of the bed, telling her he would stay in her room with her for a while, but she had to get up.

"No."

Eventually he gave up and climbed back into bed.

Later on the Hoos gave me a hard time, "Why did you tell her it was okay to get in our bed?"

If you note, I never told her it was okay. But, whatever.

For the record, AK slept through the night in her big girl bed. And when I woke her up, she looked at me, smiled, and said, "Mommy, lay with me." And I did. And I loved it.

No comments: