Friday, October 1, 2010

Sleep Furlough

Many, many months ago I thought I had moved on from frequent, infrequent sleep. That is, nights punctuated by crying babies and whiny toddlers.

Alas, I was wrong.

First, LP took FOREVER to go to bed. She kept crying out, "Mommyyyyyy. I want companyyyy." I offered to find her a cuddly friend, or give her my pillow, but none of those options was sufficient to suppress the whining. At 9:45 she gave in and fell asleep.

At 2am, AK apparently decided that she was done resting for the night. TWO A.M.

Between two and four the Hoos and I had a grand old time.

I begged.
I shusshed.
I cajoled.
I almost cried.
I tried ambesol.
I tried giving her a sippy cup of water.
I changed her sheets and clothes after she decided to douse both with said water.

I ultimately put the pillow over my head.

The Hoos gave her tylenol and laid on the floor next to the crib until she fell asleep.

This morning is gray. And rainy. Really rainy. And boy does that ever reflect my mood.
Good thing it is Friday.

No comments: