Thursday, July 8, 2010

Feeling Lucky

This morning on my way to work I got pulled over.

First time ever.

Awesome.

I merge from one main road (the Hutch) on to a service road (Westchester Ave.) and then have to cut across two lanes of traffic to get on to another main road (287). It is a tough merge. Since our office move it is the path of least resistance to the new digs. It usually works out great if you speed up - except when you cut off a cop to do it.

Fortunately, I had a nice, attractive young cop who could tell I was a bit unnerved. I have never been pulled over before. I had a tough time identifying my registration (it was in the car, I just wasn't sure what it looked like).

He took my documents and returned to his car. And I waited. And then he brought my back my items, told me to be careful, and let me off with a warning.

From now on I will be the reallllllly cautious driver at every merge. You don't have to tell me twice.

1 comment:

Wenderina said...

So you're gonna be like the little old lady who inches in and causes accidents by slowing everyone down? Excellent. Glad I don't commute behind you.