Friday, February 25, 2011

Paging Sleeping Beauty

Waking up the girls on weekday mornings is a chore. I don't want to get out of the bed in the morning - so why should they? And even worse, as I have discussed previously, the Hoos does not want to get out of bed in the morning. About twice a week at least one of the girls is up and moving well before Daddy.

This morning it was AK, "Mommy! Come lay with me and snuggle."

After snuggling for a minute she sat up and said, "I wake up Sleeping Booty. You wait here."

A few seconds later I was her creep into my bedroom calling "Sleeeeeeeeping Boooooooooty," and kissing the Hoos awake. I totally thought she was going to wake up LP, but apparently her daddy has her hoodwinked.

The Hoos, of course, totally plays into it, "I'm only a little bit awake, I need another kiss." and "Oh wait, I fell back asleep, I need another kiss." So, he gets extra loving from an adorable little AK AND he gets to stay in bed for an extra five minutes.

I guess he just needs more beauty sleep.

No comments: