Sunday, December 23, 2007

What Have I Signed Up For?

For the first time in forever, LP woke up at 6. Crying. We ignored her and she eventually stopped, only to restart 2 minutes later. The Hoos drew the short straw (actually, there was no drawing I just said 'Do you want to check on her?') and went in to her room where she was standing up in her crib.

Lovely.

He picker her up to quiet her down, but that was only a temporary fix. We employed Orajel (she does have all four of her eye teeth in various stages of coming in) and when that didn't work, went with the Mylicon (not sure that stuff ever works, but LP likes the taste and when I asked if her belly hurt and she wanted medicine she nodded). Still no rest for the weary.

Even when I let her lay across my head, practically inhibiting my breathing. It quieted her down, but it certainly didn't put her to sleep. The Hoos, who is usually much less open to letting LP sleep in our bed or on him in the wee hours even let her sleep on top of him. That didn't work either.

We turned on the TV and both rolled over so that she could watch and we could rest. This only worked for a few seconds until LP pulled my hair to make me roll over and watch with her. And if I closed my eyes she would poke them, calling out "Eyes!". This child is so lucky she is cute. It is definitely an evolutionary adaptation to help them survive.

Around 8:15 the Hoos removed LP from the bedroom and took her downstairs. I seriously could not even imagine moving. I joined them around 9:45, still looking like a zombie according to the Hoos.

Like clockwork at 11:15 LP fell asleep on me. Giving me plenty of time to contemplate how I am possibly going to survive feedings every two hours come June when LP's sibling arrives. That adrenaline rush that I had the first time around will kick back in, right?

5 comments:

A's Mom said...

Let me know if it kicks back in so I know what to expect if I have another one, okay?

Anonymous said...

Yup. It will. Promise. It's a mom thing.

Tiffany said...

I am not looking forward to the up every 2 hours either - I love my sleep too much and Mikayla is such a good sleeper. Don't forget that the up every few hours only lasts a few months. I keep telling myself that in hopes that I will be able to get through it. Actually at this point I am already up every couple of hours to go to the bathroom.

Wenderina said...

It will be time to call in all the favors from the Grandmas, Aunts, Uncles, friends, etc. to help you so you still find a little me time in the chaos. Even if Me time means napping. You're a natural - I know you'll love it.

KiKi said...

You know I've been trying to steal LP for the longest... Zeze and I will come by and keep her busy while you nap. Aunt KiKi to the rescue... ;)