I won't talk about how we met or where we met or why his blog name is "Hoos". I am betting that most of that is pretty boring to readers of this blog.
Actually, I am not really sure why you keep coming back and reading me, but it isn't likely because you like to hear me blather about my relationship with my husband. It probably also isn't because you like to see cute pictures of my kids. Most of the time it is because you want to know what Les Zombies Et Les Loup-Garous means.
How about a brief overview of what "married with children" means to most couples (using me and the Hoos as my reference)?
- Openly discussing my gray hair; but not my weight.
- Sharing parenting duties in the way that best suits us.
- Working together and more importantly sticking together as a team when facing off with our children.
- Recognizing that neither of us is perfect, but one of us might have more patience than the other at any given point in time.
- Accepting that our children are made up of the good and bad of each of us and a stubborn streak or tendency to throw tantrums isn't solely due to the actions of one or the other of us in early childhood.
- Excusing a poor choice of words or action, because we know it was unintentional.
- Celebrating each others' successes. Being happy when our kids do something is one thing, but being proud of my spouse and having him be proud of me feels just as good if not better. If I can't do small things - like getting the kids out of bed, dressed and fed without him, than I certainly can't accomplish big things - like switching jobs or taking on more responsibility at work.
- Trying to look forward to each day as an opportunity for a new adventure.