Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fresh Air

For the past week I  have been getting up early to go for a walk around the neighborhood. I have not been feeling too great about my physical fitness, so I figured this was a good way to at least make sure I got some exercise. It makes sense to me that taking a 1.75 mile walk is better than laying in bed for an extra half hour.

This morning, I had the pleasure of company! As I crept down the hallway to change into my walking clothes I heard, "Who's there?" A bright-eyed and bushy-tailed LP smiled and said, "I want to come with you," and she quickly got dressed and grabbed her sneakers.

As we walked she chirped along happily - all be it a bit loudly for 6 am. Occasionally she would come up next to me and wrap my arm around her shoulder so we would bump sides as we walked.

While this was not my longest morning walk, it was my best one.



No comments: