How is it possible that it is already the end of 2011? I am truly dumbfounded.
The year has certainly been eventful, featuring, among other things:
- The girls' first plane experience - to Disneyworld of all places
- Packing! And moving!
- A much needed vacation.
- Kindergarten for LP! And a new day care for AK!
- Playdates with new friends!
- Everyone sleeping in until 8:45 on the weekends! People said it would happen eventually, and it really could not have come at a better time.
There are still lots of challenges to keep life interesting:
- A merger. And the resulting ongoing integration and work irritation.
- The ongoing struggle to understand and manage the crazy, ductless heating system at our new home.
- Lots and lots of days off and half days thanks to the fabulous, but bizarre public school calendars.
- Making new friends. Sticking my toe in the water a little more all of the time, but haven't taken the big plunge and gone on a double date in the new 'hood yet.
Thing I am looking forward to in 2012:
- My 10 year wedding anniversary
- Having the girls' birthday party in our backyard
- Enjoying our water access in the summer
- Weekend excursions (VT? DC? FL? We'll see!)
- Summer vacation
- LP experiencing camp for the first time
Is life perfect? No. Will it ever be? Probably not. But is life good? Heck yeah. Cheers to you all!