Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Going in Circles

When my alarm went off this morning, I didn't want to get out of bed.

But I did.

I was at my desk by 7:45, checking my email and doing various tasks. At 8:31 my phone rang. It was the Hoos. I was about to tell him how impressed I was, assuming he was placing his daily call to me after dropping off the girls. This would definitely have been an early day for him.

Fortunately, I didn't.

Instead the Hoos told me that he had locked himself and the girls out of the house. In the pouring rain. Somehow he grabbed their bags, set the alarm, and walked out the door, holding two adorably rain-gear clad munchkins, without his house keys. Only realizing his mistake after pulling the door shut behind him.

As soon as he called I jumped into the car and headed home (a 25 mile drive). My benevolent boss told me to take my computer and just work from home. The Hoos and the girls sought refuge in the garage and they had an adventure, riding the tricycle and kiddy car around the garage in circles, taking turns.

Sadly, this is the third mishap in three weeks involving the garage. First, my car died in the garage; last week, one of the springs on the garage door opener snapped, locking my car inside (my big, strong husband was able to rescue it, but we haven't gotten around to replacing the spring yet); and now this. At least the garage was a friend this time, offering my little family shelter from the storm.

No comments: